Dr. Bruce Dietterick prides himself on delivering high quality, individualized treatment for his patients. “Dr. D.” considers it a privilege to offer orthodontic care for both adults and children. He keeps parents well-informed by speaking with them at nearly every visit. He encourages questions from both patients and parents at any time.
Dr. Dietterick graduated summa cum laude from the West Virginia University School of Dentistry.
He attended the postgraduate orthodontic program at WVU where he graduated with a Master of Science Degree and Specialty Certificate in Orthodontics.
Dr. Dietterick believes in order to provide the best treatment possible for his patients, he can never stop learning. He attends seminars and orthodontic courses every year.
- Board Certified by The American Board of Orthodontics
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Middle Atlantic Society of Orthodontists
- Pennsylvania Association of Orthodontists
- American Dental Association
- Pennsylvania Dental Association
- York County Dental Association
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon National Dental Honor Society
- Served for two years as a dentist in the United States Navy stationed at a large dental center in Norfolk, Virginia
- Opened his own dental practice in Bruceton Mills, West Virginia
- While practicing dentistry in WV, he taught part-time at WVU’s School of Dentistry in the Department of Operative Dentistry
- Left general practice to pursue an orthodontic education
- Practiced one year in a group orthodontic practice in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
- Opened his own orthodontic practice in York, Pennsylvania in June 1986
- Worked part-time for a high quality orthodontic practice in Lancaster for four years while growing his York practice
- Outgrew his original location and moved to present facility in June 2002
On a Personal Note…
Dr. Dietterick is happily married to his wife, Susan, who was his high school sweetheart. They have three grown daughters Lisa, Lynn, and Kristi. Dr. Dietterick enjoys hiking, cross country skiing, rollerblading, spending time with Susan, and enjoying his family.